Thursday, February 26, 2009

Why do we need guns in church?

(From the New York Times)

A Senate panel rejected a bill that would have allowed concealed handguns in churches after opponents complained that allowing firearms defies the notion that religious buildings are sanctuaries. The Senate Judiciary Committee stalled the bill on a voice vote. The measure would have removed churches and other houses of worship from the list of places where concealed handguns are banned in Arkansas. Only churches and bars are on that list.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most of the larger churches I've attended had a police officer on duty.

If you didn't have that gun in church, the King of England could come over and take away your freedom of religion and turn you into an Anglican. Do you want that? Well, do ya?

Jocelyn said...

Oh man. I just laughed so hard I cried a little. I wish I knew who you were so I could hug you.

Frosty said...

We're allowed to bring them into a church in Kentucky. I'm not Christian, so I it doesn't do much to me, but it strikes me as strange. (Then again, my religion mandates a knife at services, so I'm not one to judge.)

Jocelyn said...

Yes but what is your knife for? I'm sure it makes sense. There is, as far as I can tell, no spiritual purpose to having a gun handy in the house of God.

You know, unless it's to fight off Jews or something.

People are weird.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

WTF WOULD JESUS DO? - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008