Monday, February 23, 2009

WTF?

UPDATE:
Ephesians 6:10-18 says:

Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.
Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.
Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;
And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;
Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:
raying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints
I think it's pretty obvious that reading passages like this to little children on a regular basis is the reason there are so many crazy Christians running around. Were I to read a bible passage to my children, I think it would be this (Matthew 5:3-17):
Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
I know it's a bit on the preachy side, and I don't think the point of being a good person is to convince people that your idea of God is the best, but I'd rather read my kids something about letting their light shine than having to fight with the devil all the time. Srsly.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man, I'm so sad that I'm too old for jammies like that.

Anonymous said...

Those look like the kind of Halloween costumes other kids would beat them up for and then steal their candy... but oh no, those aren't Halloween costumes , they're just really shiny pj's. Why are the siblings (I'm assuming they're siblings) holdng hands like that? I can picture them in their teens, being forced to wear the pajamas... haha

P.S. This comment as been written under the influence of nyquil. (Just covering my bases since I'm not in my right mind.)

seacat said...

who wears hats and helmets to bed?

Jocelyn said...

Actually, I think the girl is wearing a veil.

Have I mentioned that I really want these pajamas? The reaction my roommate would have when she saw me in them is totally worth the sin it would be to give the woman who makes these my money.

Unknown said...

Sorry, they only come in kids' sizes. This is way discriminatory.

The website also has a special feature that gives you instructions on how you can be saved!

Seattle Mama said...

My neice is having her First Communion in May, I think I know what she's getting as a presie!

Jocelyn said...

Lucky kid.

Aym-bear said...

Could someone tell me why the boy gets the kickass shield and helmet while the girl's stuck with a wimpy veil and the Bible? Not fair, dude!

Armor of God PJ's=FAIL

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

WTF WOULD JESUS DO? - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008