Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Stand up for families, guys

Oops. And there I was participating in pseudo-Satanic rituals in high school by not speaking on the Day of Silence. If only I'd known our peaceful protest against bullying was attacking the American family. Sorry, Jesus.

Oh, also, if Day of Silence was a requirement at my school, then at least 85% of the student body got a failing grade on that one.

Oh, also, fuck you, Illinois Family Institute.

UPDATE: With no mention as to why on their website, the Illinois Family Institute has removed the video from Youtube. One assumes this is because the links to it were coming from places like Towleroad, and the comment thread was probably not a very bigot-friendly place, but we may never know.

In other news, it turns out the Illinois Family Institute is a certified hate group. Seriously? WTFWJD????

RE-UPDATE: It's back up.

8 comments:

Joe said...

Video's been pulled.

Alexah said...

I myself took part in the child-silencin', bible chuckin', satanic homo-supporting ritual that is the Day Of Silence. Every gay I know did, but I thought we were being clever about it.

Anybody notice their statistic that "9% of gay men don't live past 62"? What kind of propaganda is that, where do they get that shit?

Jocelyn said...

I did notice that and it is, as far as I can tell, total bullshit. I did find one study that said the likelihood of a gay man living past 65 was 20%, which seems legitimate, but was based on statistical models, not on actual data. Also, 20% is a lot different than 9%. Srsly.

Joe said...

ugh, I liked it better when I hadn't gotten to see the video. What a load of shit.

The lack of self awareness in citing the "homosexual agenda" strategy of portraying themselves as a victim in a video like that made be smile though.

Jocelyn said...

Yeah. It's kind of amazing, isn't it?

maggie said...

Oh I like that THEY are the oppressed ones... I can't believe they said that they were being forced to sit in the back of the bus. I mean wow, bold move there.

Jocelyn said...

They're only throwing this shit out there out of desperation. They know they're losing the fight. What they don't realize is that they're losing it because they're wrong.

Teresa said...

Also - yes, I'd heard about the Day of Silence in school, but it was NEVER forced on anyone, and very few people participated. I wish I had then. I certainly would now.

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008

WTF WOULD JESUS DO? - Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2008